October 22, 2007

TECHNOLOGY NIGHTMARES

IN TROUBLE

I have been gone a couple of days from my blog because of a conspiracy of Apple, Google and Mozilla, the cause of which is my upgrade fever.

Migrating from Blackberry to Iphone was not so smooth as I thought, but let me spare you the details.
I do not know what Google is up to these days (or rather I do know what is communicated) but (as is debated on Google Forums) iGoogle betrayed me. I am no longer able to view iGoogle in four tabs and the company makes me angry every time I log on by re-arranging my widgets.
I started using Google Docs, but this also proves more difficult than the video. Sharing docs often meets with a 404 or an unrecognized page URL (when you send a URL to partners who have to ask for permission to read it). What is more, in one of my spreadsheets I mentioned a competitor and put the spreadsheet URL in my Google Presentations. The spreadsheet URL proved not to work but the text link ad underneath did, guiding readers to my competitor!!

At last, I downloaded the latest Firefox version but did it in Afrikaans which is the first language of the download. I have learned quite a bit of Afrikaans by now and it keeps being an intellectual challenge to find out what my machine really means when it returns Afrikaans processed by an English Textexpander and a French keyboard.

But tomorrow I am back. My woriirseser arere almmoset ovover.

Walter