August 27, 2007

META time

META

Sunday, September 2, 2007.  That is the date, when I will tell you the date for our launch. I do not want to break another promise, I will make this deadline, but therefore I need to be sure.

I have also discussed with Yosi, the openness of our dialogue.  We let the world see the teenage mentality of a young global company, I quite like it.  It proves that CEOs are mere mortals, companies make mistakes, and entrepreneurship is closer to art than science.  Above all, it sets one thing right: leadership comes from the bottom up, the CEO only moderates it.  But shall we close the blog or leave it open.  As a Belgian, I am a man looking always for a win-win.  Therefore I have decided to daily write two blogs starting from Monday: one for the CMs which will be closed, and one for the public and the users, which will be open.

In the beginning when I talked about Pajamanation, I told people the philosophy that was behind it, but now, I don't anymore.  Because Pajamanation is a Black Swan (Nassim Taleb just wrote a book about the Impact of the Highly Improbable).  "We produce 30 year projections of social security deficits and oil prices without realizing that we cannot even predict these for the next summer."

He is right, we are a young, reckless, superficial and very unfair race, but we have our moments of grandeur and vision.  You need a story to displace a story.  We are building this story together.  Ideas come and go on web 2.0 but I believe our story will stay.  The desertion of corporate cubicles for the home office, the renaissance of entrepreneurship at the individual level, the leapfrogging of the third world, the opening up of the source code of entrepreneurship, the final Maslov level of self-realization, the unsustainability of the present unfair model of social structure, the displacing of a decennium of jobtakers by a new decennium of jobmakers and the feast of creativity.  This fills me with joy and anticipation.  It is a great story and one I love to tell.

2 comments:

Yosi Dagan said...

I like this story :-)

NaS said...

the countdown begins... quite of number of countdown over here this week...