September 24, 2007

Digital Life

Only recently I began to read Merlin Mann’s blog for 43folders and I came to like it a lot. It is no longer just about productivity, which I find a bit boring really, but the blog and Mann himself, has evolved into a higher level of digital awareness, which I like to call Digital Life. Digital Life was actually a tagline invented by Nicholas Negroponte at the MediaLab for a consortium where I was in the programming board as a sponsor.

I like Merlin Mann because of his original ideas (like me he believes that Google and Apple will do something together), his personality, but also his sense of humor. He just tagged a youtube video about ‘business life as a youtube video’. It is extremely funny.



There is another youtube video, which gives you a summary of how youtube has really changed our lives. It is called Internet People


More and more technology recedes into the background and becomes invisible; the only thing that we are left with is a cultural phenomenon of unbearable lightness, volatility and cyber minimalism. This colors the new companies that are being set up. If you look at (one of my favorite groups- Coldplay) music clips, they are a mirror of what our companies today look like.

No comments: